Wednesday, July 02, 2003

A 20 minute ride from home,
Still to my school but everything’s changed.
I would be in a whole different section,
A whole new world.
Queasiness invades, again and again,
Nothing to lose, so much to gain.
If only I can quell my fear,
To gain the knowledge I sought so dear.
No longer the predator,
But the prey.
Entering the school,
So lost, so alone.
To the hall my shaky legs proceed,
How? My mind screams. Why?
A sea of faces greet me,
So different, yet so alike.
No matter how much they claim not to be,
Each one of them share a twinge of fear.
It shows so obvious on some faces,
Though hidden deep inside some.
No longer the predator,
But the prey.
I spot a few of my friends,
Dread courses through as I wave to them.
All of them were in different classes,
Why couldn’t I have been in theirs?
There’s no one in mine
Whom I actually even like.
I sit down silently,
Staring glumly at the ceiling.
No longer the predator,
But the prey.
-Cheryl Ong 1D (23)
hmm... good? i thought it was rather good, ingenius really. especially, the last few lines of no longer the predator, but the prey. guess she meant that she was no longer at the top of the food chain in secondary school... but she was at primary 6.